Long Time No See
October 17, 2016
Life just gets in the way sometimes.
Since starting this blog I have moved my whole family (husband, 2 kids and our dog) back to our home in D.C from Honolulu, Hawaii. I will not bore you with all the details and complaints I have about packing and moving in general but doing all that and moving it across the country? Yikes it was tough to say the least.
The worse part has been adjusting to the six hour time change. We lived in Honolulu for eight months and it was an experience. I will remember it for the rest of my life. The landscape and scenery aren't just stunning but the people are friendly and welcoming. There hasn't been a day since coming back home that I don't think about the places I loved in Honolulu but even after admitting all that, there really is no place like home!
I instantly felt we had made a fitting decision for our family. In Honolulu my daughter couldn't start school because she wasn't five before the deadline of enrollment for kindergarten. We spent our days doing ABC Mouse and at the playground or the beach. I hope our detour doesn't end up hurting her in the long run.
Now my task is to get my daughter enrolled into a kindergarten program before the end of the year and I'm already having anxiety about it. I was just informed that her neighborhood school has only one class for kindergarten and it already has 36 students! That just sounds unacceptable to me.
Off to make a way out of no way...
Life just gets in the way sometimes.
Since starting this blog I have moved my whole family (husband, 2 kids and our dog) back to our home in D.C from Honolulu, Hawaii. I will not bore you with all the details and complaints I have about packing and moving in general but doing all that and moving it across the country? Yikes it was tough to say the least.
The worse part has been adjusting to the six hour time change. We lived in Honolulu for eight months and it was an experience. I will remember it for the rest of my life. The landscape and scenery aren't just stunning but the people are friendly and welcoming. There hasn't been a day since coming back home that I don't think about the places I loved in Honolulu but even after admitting all that, there really is no place like home!
I instantly felt we had made a fitting decision for our family. In Honolulu my daughter couldn't start school because she wasn't five before the deadline of enrollment for kindergarten. We spent our days doing ABC Mouse and at the playground or the beach. I hope our detour doesn't end up hurting her in the long run.
Now my task is to get my daughter enrolled into a kindergarten program before the end of the year and I'm already having anxiety about it. I was just informed that her neighborhood school has only one class for kindergarten and it already has 36 students! That just sounds unacceptable to me.
Off to make a way out of no way...


Comments
Post a Comment