Welcome to 2018
I celebrated Kwanzaa on New Year's day with family and it had me feeling all the feels. I felt nostalgic, wishing my Mama was there, it was always our holiday to showcase our hidden talents. I can only imagine what a Kwanzaa presentation would look like from her in 2018.
Also, I feel oddly optimistic, like all the things that were holding me back before no longer exist and I know exactly what it is I have to accomplish and even how to do it. It's like what Jay Z said in 4:44, "I'm clear why I'm here, how about you?" I don't want to speak on things or even write about them anymore, I only want to execute and make them happen.
I also want to give myself props for the accomplishments I have made just in the last year.
My kids are in school, with competent and capable teachers. My son was diagnosed with autism and is now in an environment that is best catered for his learning. My daughters anxieties about school have been quelled and she is now happy and optimistic.
We have also fostered and nurtured relationships with those outside our bubble. Allowing our kids to be apart of a community, including one with those we are blood-related but also with those we are not. It's always been important to me that they have consistent friendships and people who know and appreciate them for who they are.
And last but not least this blog, I didn't even realize I have been writing here for over a year now, my first post was in October 2016. Being vulnerable enough to share my mess with the world isn't easy. It exposes me in a way I hadn't even considered when I began this journey but it's the kind of transparency that I pride myself on. These thoughts and fears are all things I would've discussed with my Mama and now that those discussions aren't possible blogging allows me to get out of my own head and release what stresses me. I appreciate this venue and opportunity to express my thoughts.
I look forward to everything that is to come this year...here's to an amazing 2018!
Also, I feel oddly optimistic, like all the things that were holding me back before no longer exist and I know exactly what it is I have to accomplish and even how to do it. It's like what Jay Z said in 4:44, "I'm clear why I'm here, how about you?" I don't want to speak on things or even write about them anymore, I only want to execute and make them happen.
I also want to give myself props for the accomplishments I have made just in the last year.
My kids are in school, with competent and capable teachers. My son was diagnosed with autism and is now in an environment that is best catered for his learning. My daughters anxieties about school have been quelled and she is now happy and optimistic.
We have also fostered and nurtured relationships with those outside our bubble. Allowing our kids to be apart of a community, including one with those we are blood-related but also with those we are not. It's always been important to me that they have consistent friendships and people who know and appreciate them for who they are.
And last but not least this blog, I didn't even realize I have been writing here for over a year now, my first post was in October 2016. Being vulnerable enough to share my mess with the world isn't easy. It exposes me in a way I hadn't even considered when I began this journey but it's the kind of transparency that I pride myself on. These thoughts and fears are all things I would've discussed with my Mama and now that those discussions aren't possible blogging allows me to get out of my own head and release what stresses me. I appreciate this venue and opportunity to express my thoughts.
I look forward to everything that is to come this year...here's to an amazing 2018!
The feels. Proud of you my friend. Go get your life! Go get more Blessings. I remember you discussing those Kwanzaa 'talent showcases'
ReplyDelete