Mama's Day 2018...Inspired by 3000
A daughter speaks to her Mama.
"Instead of sending flowers, WE the roses." ~Roses
Reminds me of the day you died. I never felt alone.
You and Grandma and the ancestors were holding me up.
Having to be the messenger of your death to your brothers and sisters was tough.
In a way I still feel like my presence announces your physical absence.
And I'll be that for you proudly. The reminder that you were here!
It's taken me these almost 5 years to get 'okay' with not seeing you all the time.
I think you already know how hard it has been so I won't bore you with that.
It's particularly harder on this day because seeing everyone with their Mamas,
being able to hug and kiss them up, spoil them properly,
give them mushy cards that they keep forever!
Seriously Ma, you kept EVERY card I gave you?!
It's sweet to find them around every now and then.
I was just much happier when you were around.
I wish you could just visit.
If I could just have you for one more day...It wouldn’t change much.
I'd be salty it was just one day. I'd try to follow you back to wherever you are.
I would clamp down on your arm and
NEVER let go, no matter how hard you'd try to shake me off, so I can finish my mission, whatever it may be.
I would rebel and never let you go, Mommy.
NEVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. LET. YOU. GO
YELD
(Your Ever Loving Daughter)
Comments
Post a Comment