Resist and Multitask!
This Judge Kavanaugh case has me all messed up on the inside. Feelings I never even knew I had, have been stirred so I really want to be active in my resistance. I want to protest, I want to argue with idiots who still victim blame! I wanna hug on some women that have bravely spoken their horror stories.
At the same time I'm doing all the necessary things to start a part-time position tutoring elementary students with reading. I'm both nervous and excited. I want to connect with my students and learn what they like while making reading fun.
But also I'm feeling some kind of way about starting a new gig, despite my kids being in school I have always been able at a moment's notice to jump up and go to them if they were to need me. With this position I will be a few miles away, still willing to leave at a moment's notice but not able because I will be working with kids who depend on me. Then my daughter keeps dropping hints that even before I start the position, she will require more attention. I have described to her what I will be doing and she has made it clear that I need to do the same at her school. She has thought about it long and hard too just based off the amount of detail used to describe her idea. That means I have to find a way to make it happen. After all she is my number one priority.
I went with both my kids on a school field trip yesterday and it was forgettable. We went to the pumpkin patch and neither one of my kids wanted to do anything. There was so many activities to choose from but we spent the whole time wandering around looking lost, then with the remaining thirty minutes they finally found something they enjoyed but couldn't do for too long because the bus would leave us. The bus was tight and not air conditioned, the kids were obnoxious and poorly supervised and the staff were unbothered. I don't want to say never again, but I am very close to it.
Figuring out how to do the things that I enjoy while doing what I have to do is still new to me. I feel as if I have only just awoken from a foggy dream, where I was on survival mode. Now I have goals and dreams I want to pursue so I have to learn how to fit it all in. It's been a slow process and what I don't know, I google. Only time will tell if I do it all well.
At the same time I'm doing all the necessary things to start a part-time position tutoring elementary students with reading. I'm both nervous and excited. I want to connect with my students and learn what they like while making reading fun.
But also I'm feeling some kind of way about starting a new gig, despite my kids being in school I have always been able at a moment's notice to jump up and go to them if they were to need me. With this position I will be a few miles away, still willing to leave at a moment's notice but not able because I will be working with kids who depend on me. Then my daughter keeps dropping hints that even before I start the position, she will require more attention. I have described to her what I will be doing and she has made it clear that I need to do the same at her school. She has thought about it long and hard too just based off the amount of detail used to describe her idea. That means I have to find a way to make it happen. After all she is my number one priority.
I went with both my kids on a school field trip yesterday and it was forgettable. We went to the pumpkin patch and neither one of my kids wanted to do anything. There was so many activities to choose from but we spent the whole time wandering around looking lost, then with the remaining thirty minutes they finally found something they enjoyed but couldn't do for too long because the bus would leave us. The bus was tight and not air conditioned, the kids were obnoxious and poorly supervised and the staff were unbothered. I don't want to say never again, but I am very close to it.
Figuring out how to do the things that I enjoy while doing what I have to do is still new to me. I feel as if I have only just awoken from a foggy dream, where I was on survival mode. Now I have goals and dreams I want to pursue so I have to learn how to fit it all in. It's been a slow process and what I don't know, I google. Only time will tell if I do it all well.
Comments
Post a Comment