Birthday Ramblings
I feel so happy, my birthday is coming up soon. I don't know why this year feels different, I want to celebrate seeing another year. A year of being with my kids, being in love and genuinely confident about us. I have more physical ails but I'm here and thankful for every second, every minute, every hour, every day I am here taking up space, doing what I love, in the city I love, blessed with this family and these friends who truly inspire me. I feel very rich! I know what I love and who I love and they know it too. I want to accomplish things like my book but also make lasting contributions to the world. I would love to work for an organization specifically motivated with elephant conservation. I also enjoy being a tutor and helping kids read better. It's fulfilling work, I teach but I also learn so much.
So Friday is Ma's 64th birthday and Saturday is my 37th. I told my Bestest a long time ago that I wanted to dance to Ma's favorite song at her favorite spot in the city and this year I feel strong enough to actually do it. Maybe I will make it a tradition. I want to do this for her and for me. She told me she had danced to her favorite song during a talent show in college. I think she felt embarrassed about it, so I hope to reclaim her space and recreate her moment. I hope to dance her well.
So Friday is Ma's 64th birthday and Saturday is my 37th. I told my Bestest a long time ago that I wanted to dance to Ma's favorite song at her favorite spot in the city and this year I feel strong enough to actually do it. Maybe I will make it a tradition. I want to do this for her and for me. She told me she had danced to her favorite song during a talent show in college. I think she felt embarrassed about it, so I hope to reclaim her space and recreate her moment. I hope to dance her well.
Comments
Post a Comment